Terms & Conditions
Table of Contents
www.ulesson.com (“uLesson,” “Website,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) is a platform built to host, manage, and deploy educational content to learners via smartphones, tablets, and computers with marginal concern for internet limitations and costs.
Please read these Terms and Our privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) with respect to the access and use of Our Services and Products carefully before using the Services or Products. If You do not agree with the Terms or the Privacy Notice, please do not use Our Services or avail of the Products. In the event of any discrepancy between the Terms and any other policies with respect to the Services or Products, the provisions of the Terms shall prevail.
Also, note that the headings of each section in these Terms are only for the purpose of organizing the various provisions under these Terms in an orderly manner. These headings shall not be used to interpret the provisions contained under them in any manner. Further, the headings have no legal or contractual value.
Our Services and Products are only available to persons above the age of 18, if You are below this age, You must obtain permission from Your parent(s) or guardian before accessing this Website. By signing up on this Website, You warrant that You have obtained such permission.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
By signing up for Our services, You accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms and Our Privacy Notice. If You do not want to agree to these Terms and/or the Privacy Notice, You must not sign up for Our services. If you are acting on behalf of a minor, the minor is also bound by these Terms. You are, therefore, advised to read these Terms carefully, as Your use, access, or browsing of Our Services or Products, with or without payment and with or without a subscription, through any means shall signify Your acceptance of the Terms and Your agreement to be legally bound by the same.
When using services offered through uLesson’s third-party service providers, such as email, You will be subject to Terms posted by these third-party service providers. Registration for any of Our Services or Products signifies Your agreement to those additional Terms.
You may receive a written copy of this Agreement by emailing us at: email@example.com with the Subject: Request for Terms of Service Agreement. In addition, when using particular uLesson Services, You and uLesson shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services that may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms.
Our Website/Application is a platform where Users can gain access to educational materials. Once Users register themselves via the Website or Application, they gain access to Our materials on a freemium basis, which can be converted to premium at any time. A User can subscribe to one of two plans: 3 months(Non-Nigerians and non-Ghanians), 6 months, or 12 months, with the option to pay the latter as an upfront, single payment.
Where you pay by Bank transfer, cheque, or other options that require manual account activation, your subscription will be activated and come into effect as soon as you provide details of the associated uLesson(s) account or after 30 days, whichever comes first.
Our services are billed on a subscription basis (the “Subscription”). This means that once Your Subscription expires, You will no longer have access to Our materials. To renew your subscription, send a request to Us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at +234 700 022 2333. If you provide credit or debit card information to pay for the Service, you represent and warrant that You are authorized to supply such information and that You authorize Us to charge that payment method on a subscription basis to pay the fees as they come due.
Every effort has been made to ensure accurate pricing of Our Products—featured on Our Website or offered via some other means—but please be aware that Our prices are subject to change. In the event that a Product is ordered, and the listed price has changed, You will be notified prior to processing Your Order. You agree to pay all applicable taxes relating to Your use of Our Services or Products.
A User shall use this Website for lawful purposes only. Accordingly, a User shall not post, send or transmit any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others or perform any act that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conducts that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
Any conduct by a User that, at uLesson’s sole discretion, restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying this Website is prohibited. Accordingly, no User shall use this Website to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of Users to become subscribers of other online information services that are in competition or likely to be in competition with uLesson.
Note that uLesson reserves the right to deny You access to any of the Services or Products or any portion thereof without notice for the following reasons:
- Immediately by uLesson for any unauthorized access or use by You
- Immediately by uLesson if You assign or transfer (or attempt the assignment or transfer of any rights granted to You under this Agreement
- Immediately, upon a report of Your violation of this Agreement or any other policy accessible on Our platforms
USE OF SERVICES
Your use of Our Product, Website, Application, and Services is solely for Your personal and non-commercial use. Any use of the Application, Website, Services, or Products or their contents other than for personal purposes is prohibited. The following restrictions apply to Your personal and non-commercial use of Our Application, Website, Products, and/or Services:
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of the owner.
- Upload files that contain viruses, malware, worms, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of our systems.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices indicating the moral intellectual property right of another, or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded to Our Website/Application.
- Use deep links, page-scrape, robots, spiders, or other automatic devices, programs, algorithms or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to increase traffic to the Application/Website, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Application/Website, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Application/Website, or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any content, documents or information through any means not specifically made available through the Application/ Website.
- Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the Services or Products.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable to any particular Service or Product.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Use, download, or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of Users of the Services or other User or usage information or any portion thereof.
We reserve the right to review posts, feedback, and updates posted to this Website by any User and to remove any materials that are posted for a prohibited purpose, as well as suspend that User.
All present and future rights in and to trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, know-how, and other proprietary rights of any type under the laws of any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, including rights in and to all applications and registrations relating to the services provided by this Website (the “Intellectual Property Rights”) shall, vest in uLesson.
The content of this Website includes but is not limited to computer programs, technology, data file, techniques, algorithms, methods, codes, logos, marks, trade secrets, designs, text, graphics, pictures, audio and video files, other data or copyrightable materials or content, and their selection and arrangement, are protected as a collective work or compilation under Nigerian copyright and other relevant conventions and treaties. All individual content, modules, articles, and other elements, including all software available on this Website or used to create and operate this Website is and remain the property of uLesson, excluding third-party materials used to create content on our website, such as those obtained from https://www.istockphoto.com/ (specifically, credit goes to the following artists: Design Cells, Tonaquatic, 7activestudio, Tonaquatic, Composition, Zhengzaishuru, 3drenderings, Studiocasper, Blueringmedia, Jarun011, 221A, Ttsz, Jack0m, Sabelskaya, Vectorpower, IVANVIEITO.
All trademarks and service marks, whether registered or unregistered, as well as product names and company names or logos, displayed or mentioned on this Website are the property of their respective owners. A User may only use such marks with the prior written consent of the owner.
Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of it by uLesson.
You agree to abide by all applicable copyright laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on this Website. You acknowledge that this Website is developed, compiled, prepared, revised, selected, and arranged by uLesson and its partners and constitutes their intellectual property. You agree to protect the proprietary rights of uLesson and all others having rights in this Website during and after the term of these Terms and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by uLesson or its suppliers and licensors of contents (“Affiliates”).
In a bid to protect Your copyright as well as the copyright of other Users, You agree to notify uLesson in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorized access or use of this Website by any individual or entity.
All present and future rights in and title to this Website (including the right to exploit this Website and any portions of it over any present or future technology) are reserved to uLesson for its exclusive use. Except as specifically permitted by these Terms, You may not copy or make any use of this Website or any portion of it, without prior written approval from uLesson.
You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on this Website, any content protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with You. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By providing any material to this Website, You automatically grant or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted You a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or to be developed in the future for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material.
You may terminate or suspend Your subscription at any time through Your profile management page. Upon termination, We will deactivate Your account and delete all the materials uploaded or transmitted to Us in the course of Your use of Our Products and Services. Once We confirm termination, You will not be charged for the next subscription and will not be entitled to a refund of any money already paid for any billing period, except where such request was made within the allowed refund request window.
We may terminate Your subscription at the end of Your billing period by providing at least 14 days written notice to You. Additionally, uLesson may terminate these Terms at any time before the end of a billing period and without prior notice if:
- You are in breach of the terms of these Terms;
- You are unable to pay your subscription fees for 30 days after the due date;
- We are investigating suspected misconduct by You;
- You have used the Services in a way that causes legal liability to Us or disrupts the use of Our Services by other users;
- You use this Website for any of the prohibited purposes or upload any of the prohibited materials.
In the event that We limit, suspend, or terminate Our services, We will endeavour to give You advance notice and an opportunity to export a copy of Your Content from Our Website. However, in the event of a violation of the provisions of these Terms or any applicable law, We may decide that We need to take immediate action to suspend Your account without notice.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to narrow the scope and duration of any limitation or suspension implemented in line with these Terms and as needed to resolve the issue that prompted such action. uLesson may, subject to the provision of the law as to retention or right to be forgotten, retain Your Content upon termination of Service, but We are not under any obligation to do so.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of Your information. When You sign up for Our services, We require that You create an account by providing Us with current, complete, and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form.
We have measures in place designed to protect Your information against unauthorized access. But be aware that although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for the information we collect and process, we recognize that no security system can prevent all potential security breaches; thus, we cannot guarantee the absolute safety of Your information.
Please note that You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your account and You shall promptly notify Us of any unauthorized use of Your account or any other breach of security. uLesson will not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of third-party access, either with or without Your knowledge.
NOTICES REGARDING SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE
Disclaimer of warranty and limitation of liability:
- The User expressly agrees that the use of this Website is at the User’s sole risk. Neither uLesson, its affiliates nor any of Our respective employees, agents, third-party service providers, or licensors warrant that this Website will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of this Website, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information and service provided through this Website.
- This Website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to these Terms.
- This disclaimer of warranty and limitation of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behaviour, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
- We disclaim liability for any errors or inaccuracies which may occur or be contained in any material despite our best effort to offer the current and correct information in the preparation of Our Application/Website/Services/Products. Neither We nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Application/Website/Services/Products for any particular purpose.
- We reserve the right to remove, review, edit, or delete any content at any time. Also, certain contents in the Application/Services/Website/Products may contain opinions and views. uLesson shall not be responsible for such opinions or any claims resulting from them. Further, uLesson makes no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding the quality, content, completeness, or adequacy of such information and data.
- We may contact Our Users through SMS, email, and call, to give information about Our Products as well as notifications on various important updates and/or to seek permission for a demonstration of Our products. You agree to receive these periodic messages.
- Upon registration through any means whatsoever, uLesson may contact You through the registered mobile number or e-mail or any other mobile number or contact number or email provided by You to enable the effective provision of Our Services. The User expressly permits uLesson to contact them and the student(s) utilizing the Services, through the above-mentioned means at any time post-registration.
- uLesson’s Products and/or Services are compatible only with certain devices/tablets/instruments/hardware. uLesson shall not be obligated to provide workable products and/or services for any instruments that are not recognized by uLesson or those instruments that may be purchased from any third party which are not compatible with uLesson’s products and services. Also, You agree that any defect relating to any devices/tablets/instruments/hardware used to access Our Services or Products shall be reported to the manufacturer whose details shall be specified on the packaging and uLesson shall not be responsible for the such defect in any manner.
- Minors, un-discharged, or insolvent persons are not eligible to register for Our products or Services. Where a minor wish to use Our products or Services, such use shall be made available to the minor by his/her legal guardian or parents, who has agreed to these Terms. It is assumed that a minor who utilizes Our Services has obtained their legal guardian’s or parent’s consent and that such use is made available by the legal guardian or parents. uLesson will not be responsible for any consequence that arises as a result of misuse of any kind of Our Application or any of Our products or Services that may occur by virtue of any person including a minor registering for the Services/Products provided. Where it is discovered that a User is under the age of 18 (eighteen) years, uLesson reserves the right to terminate the User’s subscription and/or refuse to provide the User with access to the Products or Services.
uLesson Education Tab
The policy would not cover:
- Repairs or any other costs for;
– Cleaning, inspection, or routine servicing.
– Any repairs carried out without prior authorisation.
– Wear and tear to the devices and/or gradual deterioration of performance.
– Cosmetic damage.
– Devices manufactured wholly or partially from precious metals, stones, or crystals.
– Scratching or other superficial damage to outer casings or aerials.
- Any claim if the serial number IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) or SIM gate has been tampered with in any way.
- Failure on the customer’s part to follow the Manufacturer’s instructions.
- Any expense incurred as a result of not being able to use the Device, or any cost other than the cost of repair of the damaged screen.
- Reconnection or subscription fees of any kind.
- Any loss occasioned through the wilful act of the insured or any other person with the knowledge or connivance of the insured.
- Any loss or damage to information or data or software contained in or stored on the device whether arising out of a claim paid by us or otherwise.
- Accidental liquid damage of any kind to any of its parts or accessories.
- Items purchased from an online auction site.
- Claims arising from damage or directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices traveling at sonic or supersonic speed.
- Claims arising from terrorism, war or invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities whether war is declared or not, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation, nationalisation or requisition or destruction or damage to property under the order of any government or public or legal authority.
- Claims arising from damage or destruction caused by, contributed to, or arising from (i) ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel; or (ii) the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or component thereof.
Eligibility of Cover
Cover applies to only devices purchased/verified in Nigeria from uLesson Education Limited within the territorial limits of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the customer who owns the gadget.
- This policy shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- This policy covers only devices purchased from uLesson directly or any authorized reseller.
- uLesson Education Limited may decide to change the terms and conditions of Your policy. Only changes formally made by uLesson Education Limited are acceptable under this policy, no other parties have any jurisdiction to change or agree to any different terms.
- You must take all reasonable precautions to prevent damage to Your Device.
- The benefits of this Policy cannot be transferred to someone else or any other Device.
- Any event which may result in a claim MUST be notified within seven (7) days to uLesson Education Limited.
- In the event of a claim, all damaged Devices MUST be taken ONLY to Authorised outlets for repair.
- In the event that the device has come to its end of life and the parts to effect repair can no longer be found, uLesson Education Limited reserves the right to pay the cash equivalent of the claims payout less applicable tax deductions at the end of the month in which the claim was made.
- Screen repair is available at an affordable price.
- Force majeure: We shall not be responsible for any failure or delay in performance due to circumstances beyond Our control, including, without limitation, acts of God, war, riot, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, service outages resulting from equipment and/or software failure and/or telecommunications failures, power failures, network failures, failures of third-party service providers (including providers of internet services and telecommunications). If You are affected by any such event, You shall notify Us within a maximum of seven (7) days from the day You became aware. The performance of these Terms shall then be suspended for as long as any such event shall prevent Us from performing Our obligations under these Terms.
- Third-Party Links: Third-Party links will take You out of this Website. The linked websites are not under the control of uLesson and We are not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such Websites. uLesson provides these links to You only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by uLesson of the third-party website.
- Applicable Law: These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Indemnification: User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless uLesson, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of uLesson by User or User’s Account.
- References: The companies, organizations, products, domain names, email addresses, logos, people, and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, domain name, e-mail address, logo, person, or event is intended or should be inferred.
- Entire Agreement: These terms and conditions, together with Our Privacy Notice constitute the entire agreement between You and Us in relation to Your use of Our website and supersede all previous agreements in respect of Your use of this Website.
Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
If You have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact Us at email@example.com.