Top high-demand skills in 2025
Now more than ever, it is important for parents to set their children on the path that guarantees their future successes. Most graduate from school equipped only with subject knowledge leaving out soft and technical skills that are major ingredients to a successful career or business.
The COVID-19 outbreak has forced companies to devise a whole new way to work; remote work. This has increased the demand for digital skills.
According to the World Economic Forum’s Jobs Reset Summit, new roles are being innovated which heavily require technical skills. These skills have been categorised as high-demand skills in 2025. See them below
- Data Science & Cloud Computing
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
- Big Data Science
- Digital Marketing & Strategy
- Process Automation
- Business development
- Digital Transformation
- Information Security (including the cybersecurity subset of information security)
- Software and Application Development (UX/UI, blockchain programming)
- Internet of Things
It is interesting to note that some of these skills require a background in coding which makes it imperative that children learn to code as early as possible to be adequately prepared for the work roles of the future. uLesson coding school does a fantastic job of teaching young coders with a world-class curriculum. Check them out.
In addition to these top high-rating technical skills in 2025, the below soft skills rank high as well.
Top soft skills of 2025
1. Analytical thinking and innovation
2. Active learning and learning strategies
3. Complex problem-solving
4. Critical thinking and analysis
5. Creativity, originality, and initiative
6. Leadership and social influence
7. Resilience, stress tolerance, and flexibility
8. Reasoning, problem-solving, and ideation
9. Emotional intelligence
10. Persuasion and negotiation
These skills can be acquired by learning to code. Learning to code boosts children’s creativity, logical thinking, Maths & problem-solving skills. Get started here.